Deputy General Manager, Newquay
We are looking to recruit an inspirational leader to take the role of Deputy General Manager, working alongside an exceptional team at this iconic 4* Hotel in Newquay.
Primary Responsibilities as Deputy General Manager
This position could be suitable for a current Hotel / Operations Manager wishing to improve their skill set to enhance their career, by working in a multi award winning business!
As Deputy General Manager you will be:
• Deputising for the GM in all areas
• Taking responsibility for the day to day running of the operational areas of the hotel, specifically F&B and C&E
• Working closely with HOD’s, providing inspirational leadership at all times
• Promoting open and honest communication across the hotel
Our ideal Candidate
We are looking for an individual to work flexibly in supporting the General Manager in driving the business forward and ensuring continued success.
Our ideal candidate will be a particularly strong operator with excellent capabilities and knowledge in all areas of the hotel and have:
• An approachable and personal attitude
• Excellent guest service ethos
• Ability to engage with staff and guests alike
• Experience in quality 4/5* hotels at operations or F&B /C&E Management level
• Excellent organisational skills of self and others
• Experience leading teams to excellence
• Pro-active and good at problem solving
• Ability to manage staff ratios and deliver consistent standards
• Ability to coordinate conference & events for up to 300
• Experience in staff management and development
• The ability to set KPI’s and achieve results
For the role of Deputy General Manager, there is a salary on offer from £36,000 per annum, depending on experience.
A privately owned 4 Silver Star hotel; with 96 bedrooms and 39 five star self-catering cottages, plus a superb 5 bubble rated Spa, this is Cornwall’s most iconic hotel and sits gracefully perched on the edge of the vibrant town of Newquay overlooking the world famous Fistral Beach. With an eclectic mix of guests from laid back surfers to busy executives, there is a strong ethos of investment, customer care and personal development has been the keystone to the hotel’s success in recent years.
Recent Awards & Recognition
• Our client is delighted to have recently received our second AA rosette for dining.
• They are proud to be one of only 50 hotels in the UK to be awarded 4 Silver Stars by The AA (84% AA merit score) and are very excited to now be striving for the next level!
• Chosen to be the host of the Cornwall Tourism Awards for 5 years running, they are exceptionally proud to have received Gold for Self-Catering Provider of the Year, Silver for Large Hotel of the Year and Silver for Spa & Well-being Experience at the most recent awards night in 2016.
• They were the first business in Cornwall to be awarded Investors in People in 1992, in recognition of the learning and development opportunities for staff, maintaining Gold status in the most recent review.
• 2016 was a particularly fantastic year as they were voted by The Caterer as one of the best places to work in hospitality.
• They were also overjoyed to become a member of the prestigious ‘Pride of Britain’ collection of hotels.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Deputy, operations, manager, food & beverage, hotel, meetings, catering, hospitality,
Apply for Deputy General Manager, Newquay
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly