Restaurant Manager, Newquay
We have an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven Restaurant Manager to run our clients' 2 Rosette Restaurant at their iconic 4* Hotel in Newquay.
The Role of Restaurant Manager
As Manager you will run this Restaurant which regularly serves 100 covers, hosts a multitude of events, weddings, conferences and prestigious award ceremonies and serving residential guests on inclusive terms.
In the role of Restaurant Manager, you will be committed to leading and inspiring our clients' dedicated Restaurant team to deliver the very best in service standards. This role would be the perfect stepping stone for someone aiming to be a Food & Beverage Manager in the future.
Primary Responsibilities as Restaurant Manager
• Leading and inspiring the team to ensure that guests' expectations are exceeded at all times.
• Identifying and maximising sales opportunities.
• Undertaking a consistent approach in ensuring staffing levels are in accordance with business levels.
• Monitoring guest feedback and acting on it; dealing effectively with guest queries and complaints.
• Supporting and cooperating with all parts of the business.
• Understanding and continually controlling costs in your department (i.e. wage costs).
• Working closely with the talented Executive Head Chef to ensure guest satisfaction and a flawless experience in the Restaurant.
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager who is dedicated and experienced within quality establishments. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to lead and manage a team, ensuring excellent customer service is provided at all times, whilst demonstrating a high level of attention to detail;
• Have proven experience as a Restaurant Manager in a similar sized property.
• Be warm and professional, ensuring our guests receive genuine, personal, outstanding service at all times, even when under pressure.
• Have a natural ability to anticipate guest's needs; ensuring a flawless, memorable experience in the Restaurant.
• Be able to communicate effectively with both our guests and your team.
• Be proactive and consistent in your approach to problem solving.
For the role of Restaurant Manager, there is a salary on offer from £25,000 per annum, depending on experience.
A privately owned 4 Silver Star hotel; with 96 bedrooms and 39 five star self-catering cottages, plus a superb 5 bubble rated Spa, this is Cornwall's most iconic hotel and sits gracefully perched on the edge of the vibrant town of Newquay overlooking the world famous Fistral Beach. With an eclectic mix of guests from laid back surfers to busy executives, there is a strong ethos of investment, customer care and personal development has been the keystone to the hotel's success in recent years.
Recent Awards & Recognition
• Our client is delighted to have recently received our second AA rosette for dining.
• They are proud to be one of only 50 hotels in the UK to be awarded 4 Silver Stars by The AA (84% AA merit score) and are very excited to now be striving for the next level!
• Chosen to be the host of the Cornwall Tourism Awards for 5 years running, they are exceptionally proud to have received Gold for Self-Catering Provider of the Year, Silver for Large Hotel of the Year and Silver for Spa & Well-being Experience at the most recent awards night in 2016.
• They were the first business in Cornwall to be awarded Investors in People in 1992, in recognition of the learning and development opportunities for staff, maintaining Gold status in the most recent review.
• 2016 was a particularly fantastic year as they were voted by The Caterer as one of the best places to work in hospitality.
• They were also overjoyed to become a member of the prestigious 'Pride of Britain' collection of hotels.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients' business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If yo