General Manager Galvin Restaurants Edinburgh
A legend in the Scottish hospitality industry, The Caledonian first opened its doors to discerning traveller more than 100 years ago and has won an enviable reputation as one of the city’s leading hotels.
The Caledonian is an exciting partnership with Michelin-starred brothers Chris and Jeff Galvin, who are proud to announce the opening of two exceptional restaurants The Pompadour by Galvin and Galvin Brasserie de Luxe.
The Pompadour by Galvin is a luxurious fine dining restaurant which revives the glamour of the legendary dining room, serving Scottish cuisine created with French haute culinary experience and meticulously sourced seasonal local ingredients of the Scottish larder. Galvin Brasserie de Luxe is located on the ground floor and is a bustling all day brasserie, styled upon a bijoux Parisian brasserie, serving local specialties, French classics and modern dishes - from porridge to oysters, as well as prix fixe menus.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and ambitious individual who wants to make their own mark to join a friendly, dedicated and talented team. We are renowned for our passion for quality and commitment to deliver not just professional service but also warm hospitality.
- Michelin Star or 5 star hotel background
- Immaculately groomed, polished and professional
- Self motivated and disciplined
- Possess operational background in fast paced environment
The core functions for the role are as follows:
- Managing sales and conversions
- Understand and communicate effectively financial information to support decision making
- Train, develop and motivate; driving the team performance to achieve business objectives
- Interact with guests in a professional yet friendly and relaxed manner ensuring consistent and seamless customer service
- To drive service and ensure all staff are exceeding customer expectations through acknowledgement, regular table maintenance, knowledge, customer care, anticipating requirements, warmth and hospitality.
In return for your hard work we are offering a competitive salary, 28 days paid holiday, staff meals on duty, 20% staff discount, structured training and the chance to move within the company internally, amongst other staff benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.