Assistant Manager – Major refurb – Orchard
The role and the ideal candidate
You’ll support the General Manager in building a successfully run pub. Responsible for the day to day running of the pub, you will be at the forefront of the business. If you are someone who puts people at the heart of all that you do and can motivate a team, then this opportunity could be for you.
As a Generous George Assistant Manager it is key you are generous:
With your customers – You’ll be hands-on and cover every area of operational activity, ensuring that every customer receives first class customer service.
With your colleagues – You’ll use your previous supervisory or management experience to get the best from the team, and you’ll lead from the front, setting a great example. You’ll support the General Manager where needed and deputise in their absence.
With your standards – You’ll be responsible for making sure that all food and drink products are served in optimum condition and that Marston’s brand standards are adhered to.
Benefits to make you smile
In return for your generosity, hard work and dedication, Generous George offers the following benefits and rewards:
The sensible stuff…
- Competitive hourly rate with a reliable hours contract
- Bonus scheme rewarding great performance
- Chance to develop your skills through our Keyholder Development and Deputy Manager Programmes
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Stakeholder pension
- Save as you earn scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Uniform provided
…as well as some great extra perks
- Fun times! You get to work in a fast paced, friendly environment
- Never have to work your birthday
- 20% off food and accommodation at participating sites so you can treat your nearest and dearest!
- 30% discount on food and drink while you’re at work
- Get your shop on! We love Marston’s R£wards online discount scheme
- Long service awards for those that go the distance
You will also need…
High volume experience ∙ Leadership skills ∙ A generous spirit ∙ Ability to engage a team ∙ Effective communication skills ∙ To be organised and able to keep calm under pressure ∙ Pride in your work ∙
To drive high standards ∙ Ideally be from the retail or hospitality industry.
Feeling generous? Apply today!