Second Chef – Skymaster, Warrington, WA5 7YA
A little about you as Second Chef
You’ll be a talented chef who is able work in a high pressure environment and who has an eye for presentation. As second in command you will be working in the busy kitchen supporting the Head Chef to ensure that all equipment is well maintained and, in the absence of the Head Chef, managing the kitchen team. You and the team will produce the best quality branded dishes. You’ll know food safety and hygiene like the back of your hand. You’ll be a confident communicator who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. As part of the kitchen team you will be a key ingredient in the success of this business!
Marston’s PLC is a leading independent pub retailing and brewing business. We are a truly national operator with over 1,700 pubs and five regional breweries situated throughout the UK. We are also the market leader in the development of new pub restaurants having invested over £140 million within the last five years to build over 100 new outlets! And that’s not all… we’ve also continued to invest heavily in our existing pubs, undertaking major refurbishments and evolving our brands and we plan to open an additional 30 new sites each year.
Second Chef Benefits and Rewards
At Marston’s we offer a reward and benefits package designed to give some food for thought, whilst fully reflecting your performance and endeavour. For any Chef who can add to our growing reputation for serving top quality food and drink, then this is just a taste of what you can expect:
- A competitive hourly salary
- The chance to work in a fun and friendly environment
- 20% Discount Card* (across our managed estate) & 30% discount at work
- Childcare voucher, stakeholder pension & save as you earn schemes (after a qualifying period)
- Marston’s R£wards online discount scheme
- Long service awards
As a Chef at Marston’s, you will be able to take advantage of our brand new Chef Development Programme, which is designed to help every member of the kitchen team develop their skills.
- From kitchen entry level, right through to Head Chefs or anywhere in between – the programme can help develop your knowledge and skills
- A blend of on-site training, practical kitchen sessions and self-learning
- Areas covered include health, safety and food hygiene, preparation skills, essential cooking processes and procedures, communication and cook line skills
- Three levels to the programme: Line Chef, Second Chef and Head Chef
- High Street Reward Vouchers available upon completion
Simply click Apply to send us your CV.