Club Steward/Manager (full time residential)
Club Steward / Manager (full time residential) - Llandrindod Wells Conservative Club
To suit an individual(s), or a couple, with broad-based bar / cellar experience including the effective management and delivery of traditional real ales and with some catering experience sufficient to support our *chef & *support staff, good customer awareness and an ambition to deliver a quality service alongside a genuine passion for hospitality and customer service with a ‘hands on’ approach. * some additional vacancies may be available in this area.
The ideal candidate(s) will have
- A proven track record and background in a quality Club / Hospitality environment, having held a similar position for at least 3 years
- High levels of self-motivation and initiative
- A lively, out-going personality,
- Excellent stewardship / bar management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of finance, such that reconciliation and banking can be undertaken to the required standard
- A good understanding of IT to enable full utilization of the functions of our planned EPOS systems, basic electronic communication, including the use of social media and on-line advertising
- A team player who is able to integrate with members, visitors and staff including the positive and flexible approach required to meet the members’ needs and requirements.
- A strong work ethic, the ability to work long hours, and a commitment to help the club grow and succeed.
- An ability to achieve an agreed standard of service and train support staff to reach the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
A flexible approach is necessary as we aim to have a service that will attract new members, visitors and locals to our friendly club setting in the heart of Mid Wales. This also extends to functions, visiting parties and the like. Being centrally positioned in the town, the Club is open all year round.
An excellent remuneration package will be available for the right Candidate(s). The position includes the addition of a rent free 3 bedroomed flat above
the club including free council tax, water rates, gas and electric.
References will be required.
Further requirements and responsibilities
- Control and management of the day-to-day running of all wet sales including hot drinks
- Support in the implementation of procedures concerning ordering and recording of stock movements and to ensure that the pricing of items, billing etc. is to a high standard.
- To be proactive in maximizing and driving sales, generating revenue, reviewing products and offering promotions
- To handle cash responsibly and according to policy including banking procedures
- To assist in handling member’s subscription payments, applications and renewals via our EPOS systems as required
- Management of assistant stewards and other support staff including assisting in identifying individual staff roles, responsibilities and requirements; drawing of rosters, management of staff holidays and holiday cover as required
- To achieve agreed standards of service and train support staff to reach the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- To manage and record waste in an effective manner
- To meet with suppliers representatives as required and to actively seek out the best deals and promotions available
- To ensure a high level of personal and professional Quality Assurance standards, including an attention to detail. This will include compliance with Environmental Health Standards, and Health and Safety legislation as required.
- Ensure bar equipment is maintained in good working order
- Dealing with basic maintenance issues arising on a daily basis, in liaison with our Secretary, within all areas of the Club
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene is maintained throughout the Club premises at all times including all drinks delivery systems; real ales, keg beers / larger, soft drink dispensers etc.
- To communicate effectively with, and assist the catering operation at all levels when necessary, including the ability to oversee the delivery of and maintenance of a consistently high standard of catering as and when our head of catering and / or a suitable assistant, is not available.
- To ensure that pre-prepared catering, for visiting sports teams, dominos, darts etc are laid out as required in a proper and hygienic manner during such times when the kitchen is closed.
- To support themed dining evenings, social and external organization events
Closing date for applications is 22nd April 2017
Please apply in writing, or by email (email@example.com) , in the first instance, enclosing you full CV detailing your experience to date and covering letter to:
Wade Curzon (Chairman)
Llandrindod Wells Conservative Club
South Crescent, Llandrindod Wells, Powys. LD1 5DH
Apply for Club Steward/Manager (full time residential)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly